|| £400 (£300)
|| 6 blocks
|| 40 9 (400)
|| £10 – £100
“A military grade automatic rifle. Can be fired in semi-auto or full auto firemodes and comes equipped with a scope for increased accuracy.” —Trader description
The bullpup, a modified L22A1 carbine, is the basic assault rifle for Commandos. It is weakest in terms of damage output, but it has a very large magazine of 40‒50 bullets, and a custom EOTech holographic sight which makes it useful for landing headshots to decapitate weaker specimens. It also has the ability to toggle its firing mode between semi and fully automatic fire, along side the other assault rifles, with the alternative fire button. This allows for easy ammo conservation, though the 400 total bullet capacity may render it unnecessary in earlier waves. It also has the fastest reload time of any weapon which uses a magazine.
The Bullpup, like many primary weapons, may be found lying on the ground, randomly spawned by the game.
The Commando perk gets a discount on the Bullpup from the Trader, and spawns with it at Level 5.
|| Sale value
|| Magazine size
- Select fire:
- Using semi-automatic fire is very useful for ammo conservation. With the holographic sights, it's fairly easy to headshot lesser specimens.
- Be ready to switch to fully-automatic for tense moments, especially for large groups or strong specimens.
- When coupled with the Commando perk, the low recoil of the Bullpup allows it to be fired on fully-automatic without a noticeable drop in accuracy, so aiming for the head can be a good idea even on full-auto. Against large clusters of weak enemies this can be used in a scythe tactic, mowing down entire mobs by sweeping your sights across head level while firing full auto.
- Though aiming down the sight is advisable, the low recoil of the Bullpup makes it very efficient at firing 'from the hip'.
- High accuracy and low ammo cost makes this weapon viable for most classes as a backup weapon:
- (e.g. i) A backup for the Field medic for when their MP7M can't quite take down the specimens attacking them.
- (e.g. ii) A backup for the Berserker to take down long range targets, or hordes of Crawlers.
- (e.g. iii) A backup for any perk to take out Stalkers, which will help level up the Commando perk.
- Even for a high level Commando, the bullpup can outclass the SCAR or AK47 when facing small groups of weak specimens. The lower damage output is meaningless when a head and torso shot will be enough to kill weak specimens on all difficulties, and the fast reload time and much higher ammo capacity allow for a much faster kill rate. This tactic also saves SCAR ammunition for more powerful specimens like Sirens or Husks.
Advantages & Disadvantages
- An all-rounder weapon;
- Easy-to-use holographic sight;
- Cheap to buy and refill ammo;
- Low recoil, has the least horizontal recoil of any commando weapon: 75.
- Semi-automatic and fully-automatic firing modes;
- Fastest reload time for any weapon bar crossbow;
- Largest magazine of any Commando weapon except for the Rising Storm Tommy gun;
- Plentiful ammo reserve;
- High rate of fire;
- Relatively high accuracy, even in full-auto mode.
- Weak against stronger specimens like Scrakes and Fleshpounds;
- High spread when hip-firing from long range.
The Bullpup is based on a prototype for the L22 carbine, a cut-down version of the L85A1 assault rifle.