From Killing Floor Wiki
"Come on, someone kit me out."
This article is a stub and has not been completed.
You can help the Killing Floor Wiki by expanding it.
"This once abandoned factory is now occupied by the Horzine blue-collar workforce. For years Horzine has kept this facility a secret and kept it off public records. They've been producing chemicals and weaponry for their private military and stock piling for something evil - more evil than what they've already unleashed on the world."
The Foundry was released as a part of the Free Heavy Metal DLC for Killing Floor. The Outbreak character pack has a player skin which resembles the various dead workers poised around the location.
The map is built around an open main floor accompanied by smaller, tight catwalks and rooms which overlook onto the first floor. There is a lower floor, but it has no purpose other then for a location for the trader.
- The spawn area is an easy position to defend because the majority of Specimens can only come from the front; however, it has a large space for them to move so you should try to pick out Fleshpounds, Scrakes and Sirens as soon as possible. Another downside is that it's a dead end. Also Crawlers will come through the windows.
- The control room above the Trader (Green light) is one of the best positions in the map. For Sharpshooters there is a long and open corridor for them to pick everything out. Everyone else can pick out specimens from the windows or take care of the smaller ones that spawn on the right side of the control room entrance. This position is not a dead end because you can run out of the windows at a cost of around 20 - 40 health, though this should be unnecessary.
- At the top, just outside the trader. A Sharpshooter can easily defend the stairs and the small path on the right by his own, so there is no reason to weld the door. Everyone else can position themselves behind the door on the more open corridor; most specimens will attack the squad instead of the Sharpshooter, so if the Sharpshooter has a bit of spare time he can pick out some of the specimens to make it easier for his team.
- Above the lowest trader in a room with three entry points. One entry point has a long corridor which suits the Sharpshooter. The other two entry points can be shut down by welding the doors but this is not recommended, the team should leave one entry point open so that there is no possibility that both doors will be broken down simultaneously. If you've got a capable team nothing will will be a serious threat to your team except Husks.
- Another good spot is just under the the steering room (you will have the melting machinery behind you). Weld the doors near the fire, then move to the other door but do not cross it. You should see a corridor with the packs on the left. Most Specimens will come this way. This is an advantageous position for Support specialists, Demolitions and Sharpshooter looking to the right from time to time. Closing doors helps to avoid missiles from Husks.
Click on an image to view it at full size and its related information.