Difference between revisions of "Updates"
From Killing Floor Wiki
(Incendiary content pack update)
m (→Date: 7th October 2010, 1014)
|Line 12:||Line 12:|
**Raised price of the Crossbow
**Raised price of the Crossbow
**Reduce the number of magazines carried for the M14
**Reduce the number of magazines carried for the M14
**Increased the weight of the M14
**Increased the weight of the M14
Revision as of 03:33, 8 October 2010
The archive of updates since Killing Floor's release:
- 1 Date: 7th October 2010, 1014
- 2 Date: 12th August 2010, 1013
- 3 Date: 29th June 2010, 1012
- 4 Date: 27th May 2010, 1011
- 5 Date: 11th December 2009, 1011
- 6 Date: 24th November 2009, 1011
- 7 Date: 19th November 2009, 1010
- 8 Date: 4th November 2009, 1010
- 9 Date: 29th October 2009, 1009
- 10 Date: 22nd October 2009, 1008
- 11 Date: 30th September 2009, 1007
- 12 Date: 20th August 2009, 1006
- 13 Date: 24th July 2009, 1005
- 14 Date: 2nd July 2009, 1004
- 15 Date: 4th June 2009, 1003
- 16 Date: 21st May 2009, 1002
- 17 Date: 15th May 2009, 1001
- 18 Date: 14th May 2009, 1000
Date: 7th October 2010, 1014
- Four new maps - Hospital Horrors, Biohazard, Mountain Pass, and Suburbia
- New money system - money now rewarded based on % of damage dealt rather than who gets the final shot, no more kill poaching for money!
- Mac-10 Weapon added for the Firebug
- Raised price of the Crossbow
- Reduce the number of magazines carried for the M14
- Increased the weight of the M14
- Reduced the damage for the SCAR
- Moved the LAW to the Demolition perk
- Increased the damage radius of the LAW
- LAW gets perk bonuses for the Demolition perk
Date: 12th August 2010, 1013
- Fixed a number of exploits in core maps and code
- Potential fix for performance issues on ATI graphics cards
- Increased weapon array size for modders to add weapons to store
- Added sample weapon and player character rigs to SDK
Date: 29th June 2010, 1012
- Fixed clients hanging during map change
- Fixed an exploit found in the Perks system
- Fixed a glitch and memory leak in the Audio system
- Fixed downloaded files in the Cache folder causing Perks to disable
Mac Specific Fixes
- Audio effects should be more correct (footsteps should be audible, player's own gunshots should be louder, etc).
- Fixed MP7 Shoot sound not working properly
- Dedicated server should work now.
- Motion blur, windowed mode, and crossbow scope should work on all ATI GPUs, now.
- No longer forces crossbow scope to "Textured" mode at startup.
- "Other minor fixes".
Date: 27th May 2010, 1011
Updates for Mac version:
- Fixed windowed mode rendering nothing on some GPUs.
- Fixed screen going blank when player takes damage on some GPUs (ATI X1600, etc).
- Fixed crossbow scope view not rendering on some maps on all GPUs.
- Fixed terrain rendering on systems without GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit (GMA950 GPUs).
Date: 11th December 2009, 1011
Four of the top maps from the Killing Floor Grindhouse Custom Map Making Competition:
- KF-Icebreaker - Winner of the $10,000 grand prize in the mapping competition and one of the most ambitious, creative, and visually stunning Killing Floor maps ever made, Icebreaker is set on a large icebreaking ship that is pitching and rolling in the middle of a fierce storm.
- KF-Departed - Winner of second place in the final wave of the mapping competition, Departed is a visually impressive level set in an industrial city area outside of London. Featuring hectic gameplay this map plays as good as it looks.
- KF-Crash - Winner of third place in the final wave of the mapping competition, Crash is an impressive remake of a classic custom map for the original Killing Floor mod. The map is set in an urban storage facility where your team's helicopter has crashed.
- KF-FilthsCross - Winner of second place in the first wave of the mapping competition, FilthsCross is both incredibly fun and intense. Be warned, this map set in an Underground tube station is one of the most challenging Killing Floor maps ever made.
Date: 24th November 2009, 1011
- Fixed the game crashing during startup on Windows 2000
- Fixed the game hitching or freezing when seeing each type of specimen for the first time
Date: 19th November 2009, 1010
- Fixed exploits on KF-Bedlam, KF-BioticsLab, KF-Farm, KF-Manor, KF-Offices, and KF-Wyre
- Further reduced the memory utilization in the Killing Floor Client
Date: 4th November 2009, 1010
- Fixed exploits and bugs in maps Farm, BioticsLab, Manor, Wyre, Foundry, and Offices
- Fixed not switching to a new weapon when throwing the your pipebomb when playing online
- Fixed pipe bombs appearing to explode when they went out of your view for a while when playing online
- Fixed pipe bombs not making an explosion sound online sometimes when you don't see them explode
- Fixed high level fire bugs catching on fire even though they don't take fire damage
- Fixed the zeds not doing the burning behavior and staying burning forever.
- Fixed vulture head textures sometimes appearing when players were taking damage/getting shot at
- Fixed a remaining exploit where picking up weapons that were dropped on the ground for a while would give too much money when the item was sold
- Additional memory usage reductions
- Added a system to prevent taking out the Patriarch instantly with one giant group of pipe bombs. Additionally, we have removed the ability to drop the pipe bomb inventory item to prevent players from stockpiling pipe bombs between rounds and spamming too many of them.
Date: 29th October 2009, 1009
- Optimized game content to reduce memory usage and improve loading times
- Fixed acheivements that weren't working, 3 Map Achievements for KF-Bedlam, Dot of Doom, and Mr. Perky. Mr. Perky was appearing as though it had been reset(it was working behind the scenes, but the menu functionality was not working)
- Fixed an exploit related to weapon dropping/selling in the Perks system(that people used heavily with the Medic Gun). This exploit could be used to buy a weapon on a discount and give it to someone else that would sell the weapon for a huge profit
- Fixed errors in Perk Descriptions (such as the menu saying the level five Sharpshooter get Dual Handcannons, when he actually gets the Lever Action Rifle)
- Fixed exploits in maps Wyre and Bedlam
Date: 22nd October 2009, 1008
- Added an all new fireball projectile launching specimen called the Husk
- Added a new Perk called Demolitions. This Perk's new weapons are the Pipe Bomb, M79 Grenade Launcher, and M32 Grenade Launcher
- Added new weapons for existing Perks
- Support: AA12 Automatic Shotgun(with Alt-Fire Semi-Auto mode)
- Sharpshooter: M14 EBR Semi Automatic Sniper rifle(With Alt-Fire Laser Sight)
- Commando: SCAR Automatic Rifle(with Alt-Fire Semi-Auto mode)
- Medic: MP7M Modified Sub-machine Gun(with Alt-Fire Heal Dart)
- Added 3 New Maps: KF-Bedlam, KF-Wyre, and KF-Waterworks(the Grindhouse Wave 1 first place finisher)
- Extended Perk Level to 6 with Gold Perk Icons to signify to others that you are Level 6. New perk levels included enhanced abilities for each perk
- Added 22 new Achievements focused on the new Perk, Maps, and Weapons
- Added ability to Repair Body Armor at Trader, with the additional ability to partially repair the armor when low on money
- Completely redone User Interface with a more user friendly Trader Menu design
- Implemented new Headshot system that improves headshot detection in network games. Additionally this system fixes Insta-Kill Decap on Fleshpound when attacking up close, and fixes the headshot detection issues on the Scrake
- Improved Healing tool functionality. Healing tool will no longer give "false positives" where the healing animation plays but no actual healing occured. Healing should be easier to perform as well
- Improved Collision Detection on players. Should allow you to shoot Zeds near other players where the old cylinder collision would not
- Tweaked Clot attack animations
- Fixed not being able to properly select your Perk in the Lobby Menu when you join a game during Trader Time
- Fixed 3rd Person Nade throwing animations not working online
- Fixed issues with the UPnP system implemented in version 1007. The UPNP system should now properly handle opening ports on many more routers. UPNP system is now asychronous so will no longer make the game appear to hitch if the UPNP system is active. Including a new INI setting for disabling UPnP support
- Fixed known exploits on all official maps(KF-BioticsLab, KF-Farm, KF-Foundry, KF-Manor, KF-Offices, and KF-WestLondon)
Date: 30th September 2009, 1007
- Added surround sound support for Vista
- Added Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) support for hosting Listen Servers
- Improved Map White Listing system to get maps onto the list faster
- Fixed exploits on each official map
Date: 20th August 2009, 1006
- Added 2 new Weapons: AK47 and Katana
- Added new Map: KF-Foundry
- Added smoke to the Scrake's Chainsaw
- Added "On Fire" animations to all Specimens
- Adjusted the spawning of the Patriarch boss character to prevent cases where the boss was spawning too close to players
- Adjusted Bullpup's firing sound to have more bass
- Adjusted "Crisp up" settings for some of the Specimens when on Fire
- Updated the flashlight to look and act in a more realistic fashion
- Updated Mutator and Map White Lists(see the Killing Floor forums for more details)
- Fixed Scrake's head glowing when decapitated
- Fixed "The Long War", "The Hard War", and "The Completely Suicidal War" achievements not unlocking
- Fixed known exploits on KF-Farm, KF-Manor, KF-Offices, and KF-WestLondon
Date: 24th July 2009, 1005
- Added 4 new Characters as a purchasable DLC pack available via the Steam Store
- Added new animations for the specimens busting down doors
- Implemented a faster Quick Heal system
- Updated the Door Welded display
- Updated Mutator and Map White Lists (see Killing Floor forums at forums.tripwireinteractive.com for more details)
- Fixed the Chainsaw blade not moving, and sleeves not appearing right on the Chainsaw
- Fixed the issue with the player going to an idle animation after firing a weapon, which made the player look stiff
- Fixed bug where specimens would stand at a door waiting to bust down a door
- Fixed specimens not playing a movement animation after breaking down a door
- Fixed Map White List retaining old Pass/Fail status from previous map
- Fixed the Hunting Shotgun's unlimited ammo bug
- Removed Stats Icon from servers that are currently on a non white listed map
Date: 2nd July 2009, 1004
- Fixed a memory leak causing performance to degrade the longer you played when in multiplayer (resulting in very low framerate sometimes in the final waves)
- Improved texture and file precaching to reduce issues with hitching
- Voice Over IP is now usable in the Lobby Menu while waiting for everyone to ready up
- Cash amount in the Trader Menu updates when someone gives you money while trading
- Improved the readability of chat fonts
- All melee weapons now have an alt-fire, which is a "power strike"
- Fixed the timing for when damage occurs from melee weapons
- Added a Map White List which will now only allow perks to be earned on official and approved custom maps (Makes maps such as KF-Leveling worthless)
- Fixed "Connection Failed" endless loop when failing to connect to a server and clicking the Back button in the Server Browser
- Fixed Zeds sliding instead of animating online at particular times
- Fixed blowing off the limbs of live Zeds, such as the Bloat's legs
- Added random moving attacks for specimens that would always just stop and attack before (Bloat, Gorefast, Scrake). This makes the attacks less predictable, and players can no longer just backpedel to escape any attack from these Zeds
- New Scrake behavior - the Scrake will now rage sooner, and will now keep moving toward its target when attacking. Additionally, it will randomly charge at its target when attacking, making the Scrake more effective
- Added improved behavior for Fleshpound to prevent "kiting". The Fleshpound will now get frustrated and charge players regardless of if it is shot if players keep moving away from it
- Fixed Joining as Spectator not allowing you to View players
- Fixed Spectators needing to "Ready" before game will start
- Improved some of the fonts for in-game messages and interface text
- Interface tweaks
- Decreased Shotgun Penetration power of the Support Perk
- Increased Ammo Capacity of Bullpup for Commando Perk
- Increased the Reload speed bonus of the Commando Perk
- Decreased the Stalker Kills requirement of the Commando Perk
- Decreased Lever Action Rifle cocking time for the Sharpshooter Perk
- Assigned 9mm to Sharpshooter Perk(9mm headshots count toward Perk and all bonuses now apply to 9mm as well)
- Reduced movement speed for Medic Perk to deter "kiting"
- Increased Reload Speed for Firebug Perk
- Increased Ammo Capacity of FlameThrower for Firebug Perk
Date: 4th June 2009, 1003
- Added settings for the Voice Message system to reduce the amount of messages played.
- Added a Friends tab to the Multiplayer menu which allows players to quickly see which servers their Steam Friends are playing on.
- Fixed a common crash involving Sprite Emitters, generally caused by using a Flame Thrower and/or multiple Grenades.
- Fixed players with Level 5 Perks not always getting their default weapon when they spawn.
- Fixed Clots not grabbing players that do not have the Commando Perk selected.
- Improved usability of filter system by moving it directly into the Internet Server Browser area.
- Fixed servers with a maximum of more than 6 players allowing Perks to progress.
- Limited the number of respawns to once per wave to stop exploiters from getting extra money and guns by suiciding.
- Fixed more exploits in KF-Manor, KF-BioticsLab, and KF-WestLondon
Date: 21st May 2009, 1002
- Fixed a number of known exploits on each map
- Fixed Listen Server Hosts not showing as playing on a server in Steam Friends
- Fixed the game prompting for a password after the password was already entered into Steam, when connecting from the Steam Server Browser
- Fixed exploit where players could shoot other players with shotguns and launch them on top of things or out windows
- Fixed exploit where players could change their Perk multiple times in order to get discounts on particular items. Players can only change their Perk once per Wave now
- Fixed shotguns making Specimens fly back excessively online
- Fixed Server Browser becoming non-responsive when connected to a server
- Fixed exploit that players could use to purchase something even when too heavy
- Fixed Listen Server Hosts' Perks getting duplicated to other players connected to their server
- Fixed purchasing of a Handcannon appearing to discount other weapons
- Fixed a collision problem with crouching that was allowing exploits
- Improved the detection of Headshots on the Specimens
- Removed the scaling of players' names over their heads, which was causing long names to be unreadable
- Changed Default Tick Rate for Internet Servers to 30 instead of 20 to improve the online experience for players
- Hitting Escape now closes the Weapon Selection widget on the HUD
- Toned down the Blur and Camera Shake when a Specimen hits you. Blur now fades out more quickly
Date: 15th May 2009, 1001
- Fixed the in game server browser not showing all servers
- Fixed the "Perks enabled server" icon not showing up in the server browser
- Fixed some server browser filters not working right. Also added the ability to filter servers by Perks enabled and filter by difficulty
- Added the ability to sort the server list by difficulty
- Servers that cannot be reached because they are behind a firewall will show up with a ping of 9999 in the server browser. This is the cause of most "connection failed" messages
- Fixed the "Stats Name/Password" popup box that was popping up but shouldn't have been
- Fixed a "Warning" box that was appearing but shouldn't have been
- Added a message when attempting to host a listen server notifying the user what ports they must have open on their firewall to host the game
- Shortened the default length of time the server waits before the map changes
- Set proper defaults for Difficulty/Game Length - right now it defaults to Beginner/Short, changing this to Normal/Medium
- Fixed dead enemies disappearing instantly on a Listen Server for other players
- Fixed game not showing up in Gamespy
- White list - creating a white list of server mutators that can be used while still allowing perks
Date: 14th May 2009, 1000
Killing Floor release date.