More translation per page
Hey, I appreciate your effort in translating to Czech, but can you please focus on fully translating one article at a time instead of creating many copies of the English articles with minimal translation? Thanks. —Weldindisdowa T/C 12:12, 2 December 2011 (UTC)
- First I wanted to translate whole page, but then I realized that the English pages are at the best quality - there is realy everything players need to know... Gallery, Tips, clickable Links, etc. So I started with translating Map history/plot only (the text at the begining), because I d said it is good to know the game story. To the rest of pages I just addes header to load English original text. I dont copy English pages, just adding command to load them.
- The problem is: when Czech user clicks on Czech language, he will see main page in czech, but no clickable links (all is red). I would like to let czech users read main page in their own language (to find themselves what they are looking for) and give them possibility to open every page even if it is in english (maybe user is just looking for pictures, screenshots or damage table - he/she doesnt have to speak english to do that).
- So that is the reason why I just translated Main Page. — Preceding unsigned comment added by JH (talk • contribs) 14:09, 2 December 2011
- Well, they are copies of English article as far as the average reader can see. The "possibility to open every page" and "clickable links" have no value if none of the pages are translated; in fact, it is a detriment because it tricks the reader into believing there is a translated article when the article actually is almost identical to the English version. If a non-English-speaking user only wants pictures, screenshots or tables of values, then they can navigate to the real English articles to view them. Thanks though. —Weldindisdowa T/C 22:24, 2 December 2011 (UTC)
- Hmmm... so, how should I do that ? I would like to translate "story/plot" part of every map, but dont want to translate whole english page... There are only two options: a) translate story and for the rest add english original text; b) translate story and add nothing more (so the map page would be very short)
- This solution would be only for map pages. Other pages (like perks) will be translated entire, if I find more time. — Preceding unsigned comment added by JH (talk • contribs) 14:33, 3 December 2011
- OK, I have added some language bars. Now it is working correctly. Some english pages didnt have language bar, so I added it there too (hope Author will agree). Could you help me with one thing... is it possible to hide page name ? If you take a look eg. here http://kf-wiki.com/wiki/West_London/cs , at the begining of wiki page there is big caption "West London/cs" is it possible to hide it? Thanks — Preceding unsigned comment added by JH (talk • contribs) 16:10, 3 December 2011
There should never be a new page for translated templates. What you did here is needed, but remember to add the parameter lang=cs to template calls (example). If the English name is important, then having it in the lead (as you did in Clot/cs) should be fine. —Weldindisdowa T/C 19:06, 3 December 2011 (UTC)
- Why did you deleted this templates ?
- I creaderd new template because of need to add new variables: "Angl. název" - english name and solving problem with achievements. These new templates are not tha same as Map_info or Character_info. Lang=cs was not the solution because the different was not just only in translation. Many conditions was removed. I would never translate achievements (same names because of quick searching at game or steam achievements list), so I need to keep their original names. Template:Map_info changes the link for achievements if different lang than english is set. Another problem was with Trader locations - I needed to find the way how to add working link with correct shape of czech words (eg. 3 different locations is the same as 5 different locations in english, but in czech: 3 různá místa, 5 různých míst - the endings are different). So that was the reason why I dicided to create new template for Czech language (didnt want to edit original Template:Map_info and add more conditions (if)...) So, Can I use special Template Map_info_CZ and Character_info_CZ or edit Map_info template and add here special conditions (if) when lang=cs is set ? Thanks