From Killing Floor Wiki
"In our escape from West-London we took a chopper from an abandoned military base. Halfway to recon point omega up north we ran out of fuel and had to make an emergency landing on a helipad in an industrial area. We've probably caught some attention while going down, so be ready for combat. If intel was right, there should be a train down here, maybe that's our ride out of this shithole..."
Departed is a map created by Jeroen van Wamelen and Jessy De Lannoit, set in in an industrial city area outside of London. Players take control of the team in one of the many alleys of the city. It placed second in the final wave of the Grindhouse mapping competition, and was recognised as an official map in the 1011 update.
Several exploits were fixed in the 1013 update, which were rendering players invulnerable to specimens.
 Map layout
The map is pretty large and most of the area is set outdoors. There are, however, plenty of indoor environments for players to walk around in. The ground is mostly flat and the only way to reach higher elevation is by entering one of the many buildings which consists of multiple floors. Reflecting the setting of the map, most of the outdoor area consists of narrow roads and alleys connected to the buildings - there is no single huge outdoor area. The city has a transport zone where a train can be spotted, along with a dock close to where players spawn. However, players cannot enter the dock - it is only used as a spawn point for specimens. There is also a bus blocking one of the paths, named 'Bus 666 Departed'.
Most of the buildings are not accessible to the players, resulting in a lot of non-interactive doors. This can be very confusing to players not familiar with the map. Some of the buildings which are accessible includes a video shop, a warehouse and various offices. The warehouse is the largest building and is connected to one of the offices on the second floor through some wooden planks. Players can also travel underground through a narrow tunnel which seems to house the city's power storage.
 Trader locations
- In the underground area, in the storage room
- Inside the warehouse, on the ground floor
- Near the docks, inside a building with broken walls
- At the opposite side of the docks, in the pub
 Defensive positions
- From the spawn point, go down to the other end of the alley and enter the last door on the left. This location is suitable for Support specialists. The door facing the warehouse should be welded, and a small number of specimens will come this way so it will periodically need to be re-welded a bit. Almost all the specimens will come from the door leading outside, which allows the squad to concentrate its fire in one direction.
- The catwalk in the warehouse by the spawn point is highly defensible, particularly with a larger group of coordinated players. The door at the bottom of the staircase may be welded.
- If the door connected to the catwalk is welded, then the specimens can only approach from two directions. The majority of the specimens will spawn outside the building, so the staircase should be heavily defended.
- If the team decides to cover the bridge connecting the warehouse to the office building, then the majority of the specimens will travel through the offices instead of the staircase.
- Other than the listed defensive positions, there are not really any other useful places to camp. The underground tunnel is too narrow, outdoor areas are surrounded by buildings and obstacles which means players often get stuck, plus specimens can spawn on the roofs and easily surround players when jumping down. Because the defensive positions are also close to three of the four trader locations, a large portion of the map is not used or even seen by most players.
 Bugs and Exploits
- Sometimes specimens will get stuck in the basement room spawn, which is located on the left hand side of the hall in the opposite direction of the trader. Players are forced to throw grenades or use a grenade launcher to kill the specimens (within the room) in order to progress to the next wave.
Click on an image to view it at full size and its related information.
At the dock, train station.