The grenade is a hand-thrown, offhand explosive weapon, which requires the player to aim in an arc. One grenade can explode multiple weak specimens, or inflict a large amount of damage upon a strong specimen. Grenades are not randomly spawned on the map, but some ammo boxes contain exactly one Grenade.
Grenades can also be "stacked", meaning that when several grenades are successively thrown onto the same place, it will result in a single explosion that is proportional to the number of grenades thrown. This tactic is one of the most effective for damage against a powerful specimen, particularly the Fleshpound. However, it is dangerous because with poor timing, the last grenade thrown can detonate near the player if it is thrown just before the first grenade explodes.
As with any explosive, anyone or anything that takes damage but lives through the explosion will burn with a small fire for a few seconds. This deals no damage, but can be useful for tracking cloaked specimens such as the Patriarch and Stalkers without relying on a commando.
Grenades are a good way to destroy a group or a powerful and strong specimen, but keep in mind that the player must be cautious as a Grenade underneath the thrower's foot will result in a lot of health loss depending on how many Grenades were thrown there.
Specimens will notice thrown grenades and instinctively scatter a few feet away from one when it lands.
The firebug uses a special kind of grenade at level 3+. It does not do any additional damage (in fact, they seem to have much less explosive power than conventional grenades) but they are incendiary. These grenades inflict minor fire damage on all specimens caught within their blast radius, and ignite them. Weaker zeds can burn out and die as a result.
- Welding a door for specimens to break and then throwing many Grenades when the door breaks would most likely kill all the specimens who broke the door. However, if timed wrongly, the door will be destroyed by the Grenades thrown and will not damage the specimens behind it.
- "Stacking" grenades is a good way to kill powerful specimens without expending a lot of resources.
- Dropping a grenade at your feet can be useful when surrounded. It can sometimes kill everything around you while leaving you at low health. Specimens not killed outright will likely be staggered for a short time, giving you an opportunity to retreat.
- For the firebug at level 5+, being caught in the blast of your own incendiary grenade does no damage at all. This provides a useful tactic for 'pest control' when surrounded by crawlers. Even at level 3 or 4, the fire damage is tolerable, with body armour on.
- Some players like to employ 'suicide grenades' in a hopeless situation: dropping all remaining grenades just before death can be a good way to weaken a powerful enemy and help the rest of the group - and to kill as many specimens as possible so that you get more money at the respawn.
- Grenades can deal blunt damage when thrown on specimen. Gibbing any corpse on their way or killing weak ones.
- On higher difficulties like Suicidal or Hell on Earth; where specimen gains extra speed, they can successfully avoid grenades. For preventing your grenade to be wasted, you should kite them a bit towards the grenade by running back. All specimen has a tendency to chase you but when you stand still they'll try and avoid grenades tossed at'em.
- 2-3개의 수류탄들을 1초안에 던질 수 있음.
- 수류탄 '쌓기' 가능.
- Fleshpound들에게 50% 데미지 보너스
- 크로울러 떼를 효과적으로 손쉽게 제거 가능.
- 때때로 둘러쌓였을때 빠져나오기 위한 최후의 수단이 되기도 함.
- 팔 수 없음.
- 주의하지 않으면 던진 사람을 쉽게 죽일 수 있음.
- 비쌈 (수류탄 개당 £40).
- 수류탄이 적이나 다른 물체에 팅겨 나가서 던진 사람의 근처에서 폭발할 수도 있음.
- 용접된 문이나 게이트들을 실수로 부셔버릴 수 있음.
|Equipment by perk|
|Weapon damage table|