“An advanced Horzine prototype tactical shotgun. Features a large capacity ammo magazine and selectable tight/wide spread fire modes.” —Trader description
The HSG-1 Shotgun is a magazine fed pump action shotgun for the Support Specialist perk, equipped with glow in the dark night sights. It carries 12 shotgun shells in a box magazine and has 48 shells spare. Its alt fire toggles between 'wide spread' and 'tight spread' bullet spread.
There is also a "Neon HSG-1" available in the "Neon Weapons" DLC. Its statistics are identical to the normal HSG-1.
The support specialist perk receives bonuses and discounts for the HSG-1 Shotgun.
The values in this table are derived from the SDK. However, they have not gone through extensive testing & therefore may not be 100% accurate.
|Level||Discount||Price||Sale value||Damage||Ammo capacity|
Price and ammunition
The HSG-1 Shotgun has a base cost of £1250. The support specialist perk offers discounts on this cost at intervals of £125 per level in the perk, to a current minimum price of £375. The ammunition cost is £30 for one 12 round magazine; £120 for a full refill at the base level and approximately £2.50 per shot.
The HSG-1 Shotgun fires a spread of 12 pellets with each pellet causing 19 damage each. Which is the lowest pellet damage of all shotguns available for the Support Specialist. At tight spread it can have a better range, yet large spread could be useful for crowd control from medium range for ammo management.
Advantages & Disadvantages
- Adjustable spread, useful for longer and shorter ranges;
- Large magazine;
- Automatic, it is possible to continuously fire shells by holding down the fire key;
- Significantly more efficient reload than the other shotguns, except for the AA12;
- Range is the best of all the shotguns.
- Individual pellets do lowest damage compared to other shotguns;
- Less damage per shot than regular Shotgun;
- Quite expensive for its power;
- Liable to running out of ammo in larger waves;
- Cannot be reload canceled like the pump-action Shotgun or Combat shotgun;
- Rather ineffective against far off foes compared to other class' weapons.
- By pressing Alternate Fire, you can switch the HSG between Tight-spread and Wide-spread. Try to use the tight-spread in small hallways, or when focusing on one target, and use Wide-spread to deal with specimens that are spread out. Remember that the wide spread, in general, deals less damage per specimen struck but hits more specimens per shot.
- Because of limited ammunition that HSG-1 has it's possible to run out of ammo by wasting shots on a single trash specimen. HSG-1 is lightweight a high level Support can carry both Lever-action rifle and HSG-1 together along with a heavier shotgun.
- The shotgun does not eject a shell when pumped. Also, it lacks the shell ejection port on the other side of the weapon. The weapon is based on the KSG, which loads and ejects shells from a port in the stock; in the HSG-1, this port is used as a magazine well instead, leaving no place for ejected shells to go.
- It is technically fully automatic (the fire key does not need to be released in order to fire again). This is likely due to it being based on the AA12, with the fire toggle replaced by the HSG-1's spread toggle.
Origins and history
The HSG-1 Shotgun appears to be based off the Kel-Tec KSG, but modified to use 12 round detachable box magazines instead of the dual 7 round fixed tubular magazines of the KSG. It was released during the 2012 Summer Sideshow event.
Due to the lack of both an ejection port and shell casings, the weapon could possible be using caseless ammo. However, caseless shotgun shells are highly unlikely.
|Equipment by perk|
|Weapon damage table|
|Language:||English • Русский|