|| £200 (£150)
|| 6 blocks
|| 10 70 (80)
|| £20 – £160
The lever-action rifle is the cheapest available primary weapon. It's a popular choice among sharpshooters due to its relatively decent rate of fire, decent damage, and its price. It has good iron-sights and hip-fire effect, which makes some players prefer this weapon to the Crossbow for the visibility it affords. Its low price means a player can nearly always afford the weapon and ammo for it. Compared to the M14 it has a slower rate of fire, half the ammunition, takes longer to reload, costs a great deal less to buy, deals nearly double damage, and has a slightly lower headshot multiplier of x2.0 to the M14's x2.25, the crossbows' x4 and higher compared to x1.1 of most other weapons.
The lever-action rifle can be found in default weapon spawns on maps.
The lever-action rifle always costs £200. Its bullets cost £2 each. The sharpshooter spawns with it at level 5.
|| Base damage
|| Head damage
Per shot, the lever-action rifle is substantially more powerful than the M14 EBR; dealing a base damage of 140 per shot to the M14's 80, only limited by its low capacity and lengthy reload time. Sufficiently levelled, a single headshot from the lever-action can deal almost 700 damage per headshot; enough to kill any specimens aside from the Scrake and Fleshpound. In the former case, a level 6 Sharpshooter can successively stun a Scrake with headshots until it dies from up to 5 rounds depending on the difficulty. The Fleshpound is more difficult because it has a 25% resistance to the lever-action rifle and 50-65% resistance to the crossbow. As a level 6 Sharpshooter, the lever-action rifle is capable of inflicting more DPS than the Crossbow against the Fleshpound, even on Hell on Earth difficulty. It is possible to kill a Fleshpound with at most 7 consecutive rapid head shots from the lever-action rifle.
- The most newbie friendly weapon to get warmed for the ongoing challenges. It's dirt-cheap, very accurate and very powerful compared to other moderate weight rifles and assault rifles.
- The reload process is interruptible, much like the Shotgun's and Combat Shotgun's. It is advantageous to reload whenever possible, as firing or aiming down the sights will instantly stop the process.
- The very low price and high potential damage output make this weapon desirable for other perks, such as the Field medic, Berserker or Commando. One of the hardest hitting rifles out there with only 200£ price tag and a generous headshot multiplier of 2.0x. However, its weight may be an issue.
- At the long range, ideal for threat removal with dead accurate sights. Even off-perk pretty ideal for decapping Sirens and Husks, at any given difficulty one-shots Crawlers and quickly dispatches the lot of em from range.
- Sharpshooter gains reload and secretly fire rate bonus for every level. That's because Sharp also gets a bonus from handling the lever faster to eject the jacket as well. When paired with a pistol for fending the small trash, Lever-action can be kept for dealing bigger targets.
Advantages & Disadvantages
- Onperk headshots stun Scrakes at by lvl6;
- Onperk headshots can heavy-flinch Scrakes at medium levels;
- Can lock Scrakes in a flinch state even off-perked without penalties if accurate on headshots;
- Very cheap, can be bought with starting money;
- Can often be found lying around the map;
- Very accurate;
- Very high single target damage per shot;
- Reliably decapitates specimens with headshots;
- Interruptible reload;
- Fleshpounds have only 25% resistance to its bullets on headshot;
- When wielded, quick taps to grenade button allow you to stack blasts;
- Can stun a Stalker, Clot or Gorefast with a bodyshot;
- Stuns a Husk with a headshot;
- One-shots a Crawler at any given difficulty.
- Limited fire rate off-perk;
- Slow reload off-perk;
- Contant need of reload in dense chokeholds;
- Require assist fire or bridging weapon switches to maintain damage output against large crowds;
- High recoil and high deviation;
- When emptied, forces two bullets to be reloaded to shoot from hipfire;
- Rather heavy compared to a pistol;
- Missing will get brutally punished by big specimen;
- Stunned specimen will still clog teammates' or behind specimen path;
- Other onperk weapons are rather more suitable when dealing with big targets;
- Shots do not pierce, ineffective against Patriarch's minigun stance;
- Unsuitable for dealing with close up swarms.
- When equipped, grenades can be thrown three times faster. This is due to the missing raise/lower animations.
The lever-action is based directly off the Winchester Model 1894 with a rear tang peep sight, which usually has a 6 or 7 round internal tube magazine. It featured in the original Killing Floor mod under the name of the Winchester.