|M7A3 Medic Gun
|| £2050 (£1537)
|| 6 blocks
|| 15 20 (300)
|| £10 – £200
“An advanced Horzine prototype assault rifle. Modified to fire healing darts.” —Trader description
The M7A3 is an assault rifle that was introduced during the Summer Sideshow 2012 event.
The values in this table are derived from the SDK. However, they have not gone through extensive testing & therefore may not be 100% accurate.
|| Sale value
|| Magazine size
- Short, controlled bursts are extremely effective. Firing 2-3 shots reliably decapitates specimen such as Husks and Sirens at medium range, and allows for more accurately-placed rounds. With this particular weapon's rate of fire, this should not be that difficult. If a more powerful specimen comes speeding in towards you, don't be afraid to empty the mag, just be aware of where your rounds are flying.
- If you find yourself unable to hit a player with darts, consider jabbing them with a Medical syringe.
- The dart doesn't have instant hit. It has some flying time. This means that you have to estimate where the target will be when the dart arrives. Hence, sometimes you must fire in front of the target in order for it to be healed. It would be wise to wait until your target is standing still or running straight ahead to fire.
- Since the weapon has a slow syringe recharge, carry a faster recharging weapon, which also combos with the M7A3's low ammo capacity so you can continue firing, although, this is only advised if you completely prefer using the M7A3.
Advantages and disadvantages
- Allows healing from range.
- Good DPS
- More spare magazines than MP7/MP5 at full ammo
- Holographic sight for easy target acquisition
- Ammo count and healing dart amount shown on gun
- Holographic sight and ammo counter on the weapon turn red when ammo in the magazine is low
- Fires darts fully-automatic (holding down alt-fire rather than tapping repeatedly) rather than semi-automatic as the MP7 and MP5
- Healing darts recharge slower than MP5
- Small magazines
- Slow rate of fire
- Extremely high recoil
- Expensive at low perk levels
- Twice the weight of MP7/MP5
Bugs and exploits
- Sometimes the display screen on the weapon will become glitched.
- The orientation of the weapon in third-person can sometimes glitch, causing a character to appear to be holding it one-handed and pointing 90 degrees to the right of where it should be pointing. Aiming or firing fixes this.
- The M7A3 may be based on the Kel-Tec RFB (Rifle, Forward Ejecting, Bullpup).
- The M7A3 was the most expensive weapon in the game, before it was the MP5M, which cost £5000. Now the most expensive weapon is the Schneidzekk at the price of £10000, however all medic weapons' prices were lowered as of the Twisted Christmas 2013 event.
- It has the lowest rate of fire of all fully automatic weapons in Killing Floor. Interestingly enough, all of the other Medic weapons have the highest rates of fire.
- It was originally a weapon in the UT2004 mod "Ballistic Weapons", described as an assault rifle, which was equipped with a scope and different, larger-capacity magazines than the version in Killing Floor.