|| £500 (£375)
|| 4 blocks
|| 30 9 (300)
“A highly compact machine pistol. Can be fired in semi or full auto.” —Trader description
The MAC-10 is a light suppressed machine pistol with stats comparable to the MKb or MP7M (at max-level perks, comparable to the M4 carbine). When used with the Firebug perk it comes loaded with incendiary ammo, which causes after-burn damage to all impacted targets. It can be toggled between semi- and fully-automatic with the alt-fire button, in much the same way as the Commando's assault rifles.
The firebug perk gives discounts, reload speed, and magazine size bonuses to the MAC-10.
|| Sale value
|| Magazine size
- The MAC-10 is generally better for setting specimens on fire at extreme ranges, and lacks a view obscuring stream of fire. If your team has chosen a position where most specimens are at long ranges, this may be the better weapon to use primarily,
- While only the Firebug can set enemies on fire with the MAC-10, it remains a good backup weapon for other classes, due to its low weight and good damage.
- If you're planning on kiting specimens as a Firebug, the MAC-10 is one of the best choices, as it is light enough to maintain a decent run speed (as opposed to the flamethrower), and can deal a deceptively large amount of damage, due to every bullet setting specimens on fire.
- The Husk has no resistance to MAC-10 bullet or burn damage (unlike the 50-87.5% damage resistance the Husk has to the Flamethrower). Igniting the Husk with a single shot and letting it burn is a very efficient way of killing it. Even on Hell on Earth difficulty with 6-players the Husk only needs to suffer full burn damage three times from MAC10 to drop.
- When used by the Firebug, both bullet and burn damage contribute to the damage required to level up the perk.
- Switching to semi-automatic fire will conserve your ammunition dramatically, where as emptying an entire magazine in full-auto can help when cornered by a large specimen.
- So long as one is careful with their ammo, the MAC-10 goes nicely with any shotgun (namely, the Hunting shotgun, Shotgun or the Trenchgun) or a light melee weapon like Katana. This provides the player, regardless of perk, with some decent medium range high damage fire power and saves reload times.
- Any fire damage can induce slow-rage on Scrakes or make Fleshpounds ignore high damage hits as long as they're lit on fire. For this to work you have to cut eye sight with them at the right time as they're crisping up, flailing around. Also, for Fleshpound's case you have to keep them lit up over and over again. There's no visible cue for Fleshpounds' damage threshold trigger canceled, so you better be sure you're in safe before using heavy hitters on him. Even with its damage threshold rage trigger is cancelled, timer based enrage is still pretty intact and active keep turning corners.
Advantages & Disadvantages
- Longer range than the flamethrower without the arc
- A more suitable close-range weapon than the flamethrower
- Reliably decapitates lesser specimens
- Gives the firebug a better weapon for dealing with husks
- Able to switch between semi-automatic and fully-automatic firing
- Able to land head shots
- On lower difficulty levels or kiting sceneries, a few hits are enough to kill weak specimens if you wait the afterburn
- Generous magazine size at higher levels of firebug perk
- High rate of fire
- Large magazines and reserve ammo
- Damage does not scale with firebug level
- High recoil when fired on full auto
- Rate of fire on full auto rapidly consumes ammunition
- Obstructive iron sights
- After firing a bullet, recoil temporarily gives an inaccurate view of where the bullets are going to land
Like Lever-action rifle when wielded it allows player to throw grenades 3 times faster. Compared to LaR, MAC10 is lighter; and that makes it a reliable choice for classes who wants to stacke nades like a Demolition or Support Specialist.
The iron-sights of the MAC-10.