|MP5M Medic Gun
|| £1375 (£1031)
|| 3 blocks
|| 32 12 (400)
|| £10 – £125
“Following on from Horzine's earlier experiments with healing darts, they have now provided the Medic with an MP5 machine pistol, mounting a dart-firing device.” —Trader description
The MP5M is an MP5 submachine gun modified for use by medics. Pressing alt-fire will shoot darts that function just like the Medical syringe, effectively making it a ranged version of said tool. It is generally of no use to other perks due to its low damage and high cost, but if given by a high-level field medic it can still be a cost-effective addition to team healing capability due to its low weight. The MP5M does not share its charge with the Medical syringe or the other medic guns, meaning that if the MP5M is out of charge, players can use their Medical syringe or a different medic gun. The only disadvantage of the MP5M's medical dart is that players cannot heal themselves with it, and are forced to rely on the Medical syringe in an urgency. This weapon generates recoil that will slow the player down if fired while moving; the healing darts do not have this effect.
|| Sale value
|| Magazine Size
- It is highly advisable to carry at least another weapon to compensate for the MP5M's lackluster offensive power. Popular options include the Lever-action rifle, Hunting shotgun, Crossbow and Katana among others. It is also possible to pair it with the MP7M and/or M7A3 or Schneidzekk to significantly increase your healing capacity; at high levels, carrying more than one medic gun allows to fire healing darts virtually non-stop.
- The dart doesn't have instant hit. It has some flying time. This means that you have to estimate where the target will be when the dart arrives. Hence, sometimes you must fire in front of the target in order for it to be healed. It would be wise to wait until your target is standing still or running straight ahead to fire.
- If you find yourself unable to hit a player with darts, consider jabbing them with a Medical syringe.
- This weapon's clear sight and manageable recoil, coupled with its large magazine capacity, make it moderately effective at long range against weaker threats.
Advantages and disadvantages
- Allows healing from range.
- Multiplies your healing capacity, as it doesn't share charge with the Medical syringe.
- Relatively cheap for medics.
- More powerful and controllable than the MP7M.
- Low weight; half of the M7A3's.
- Easy to aim red dot sight.
- Plenty of backup magazines.
- Healing darts recharge faster than the MP7M and M7A3.
- Has the highest magazine capacity than other mediguns.
- Has a somewhat high rate of fire, with easy control leads to a good use for crowd control.
- Has 50% higher injection potency than MP7 and healing syringe.
- Low damage per shot.
- Slow reload.
- Expensive when off-perked.
- Slower than the MP7M.
- Less stopping power than the M7A3.
- Fast ROF can lead to frequent reload.
Bugs and exploits
- Healing dart hits don't register consistently. This is determined if the impact uses a wall ricochet effect (rather then the MP5M's green splatter), or if the healing text is absent when it shouldn't. This is more prevalent in servers where you have a high ping. The opposite may also happen.
- This weapon has the highest magazine capacity out of any automatic weapon in the game, at 64 rounds in a magazine, but only when utilized by a Level 5 or 6 Medic.
The MP5M is a H&K MP5A4 modified with the capacity to shoot heal darts, a red dot sight, and a black and olive drab color scheme. It appears to possess an integrated underbarrel flashlight, which is not usable in-game.