“It's a scythe. Long handle. Long blade. Good for reaping corn, wheat - or shambling monsters.” —Trader description
The Scythe is a melee weapon that is added to the game when a user purchases the first community Weapon Pack DLC.
The Scythe serves as a sidegrade to the Claymore: the Scythe is slightly stronger and cheaper than the Claymore but is a bit slower and has a slightly smaller range. The secondary attack swings in such a wide arc that it hits anything within range across the entire Field of View, making the Scythe an excellent melee weapon to use for crowd control. However, the Scythe is the slowest melee weapon available, making timing important in its use.
The Berserker perk gets bonuses and a discounts for the scythe.
|Level||Discount||Price||Sale value||Hit damage||Fire mode DPS|
The Scythe has the largest amount of damage in one hit in both primary and alternate fire, surpassing the Dwarfs!? axe. With a max base damage of 330-660 in a single hit, a Level 6 Berserker can take down a Fleshpound in three headshots (note: not true for all difficulties due to Fleshpounds' innate 50% damage resistance) and a Scrake in two when soloing. The Scythe has a headshot multiplier of 1.25x, making its overall damage output very high despite its slow attack speed. If you can get used to the delay, the Scythe can be the most powerful weapon in your arsenal.
Advantages & Disadvantages
- Reliably decapitates lesser specimens;
- Wide reach;
- Alt-fire can stun Husks, regardless of attack location;
- Cheaper than the Claymore.
- Capable of killing multiple weak specimens in one swing;
- People with the DLC can buy it for people without the DLC;
- Higher single hit damage than Claymore.
- More expensive than the Katana;
- Slower than the Claymore;
- Moderately heavy, at 6 blocks;
- Alt fire enrages Fleshpounds making hitting them more difficult.
- Alt fire has a potentially lower DPS.
- The extra damage compared to the Claymore is usually overkill against weaker specimens
- Slow speed makes zed time chains nearly impossible
- Weapon requires DLC
|Equipment by perk|
|Weapon damage table|
|Language:||English • Русский|