Forgot to check level 0 before advancing. --Avp2501 01:08, 23 October 2009 (UTC)
Pipe bomb at level 5?
I thought you spawned with a pipe bomb at level 5, could be wrong though -Firestorm2 18:22, 25 October 2009 (UTC)
- Updated the Demo to give it a proper desciption like the other perks, however since there is a hell of alot to say it does read very high paced for my liking. Still it can be altered or refined at a later date, and I think most of the major points are covered, and as always alterations are welsome -- undeddjester 23:19, 26 November 2009 (UTC)
Preferred Perk for Wave 1 Poundamonium
As of this revision, the article states that "It is also advisable to play as Demolitions for the first wave." I'm almost positive that the Crossbow works way better because you don't have to run around collecting ammo boxes and group up the Fleshpounds to increase efficiency, every headshot is a guaranteed kill regardless of difficulty, and it's hard to time your grenades for an enraged Fleshpound. I just wanted to start the grounds for discussion in case there's any conflict. —Weldindisdowa 18:41, 24 January 2010 (UTC)
- On the first wave most players dont spawn with a Crossbow, that was a general piece of advice for most people, but if you have a more powerful weapon you can obviously use it as it would work far better. Good call though, but for the good of the masses I think the Demo idea is more useful to people in general =] --Alessio 21:35, 24 January 2010 (UTC)
- You say that Demo is for the "good of the masses", but that's exactly why I wrote "if possible, start as a Lv 6 Sharpshooter ... otherwise ... play as Demo". Also, the number of grenades needed to kill a group of Fleshpounds is highly dependent on the perk level and difficulty, so I prefer my generalized and concise version: look for ammo while gathering the FPs and 'nading them. —Weldindisdowa 22:30, 24 January 2010 (UTC)
- Your version was too precise to using the Crossbow. You talked about getting headshots and one hit kills, then talked about nades as a backup. We need to speak to the masses with this kind of thing, so I picked something that everyone can do straight from the beginning of the game; spamming nades =D --Alessio 22:37, 24 January 2010 (UTC)
- I wrote about the Sharpshooter first and Demolitions second because it's more natural to write "if <condition> then <do this>; otherwise, <do that>" instead of "<do this> unless <condition>". It also helps emphasize the fact that the Crossbow is far, far better than having to go around the map looking for 'nades. —Weldindisdowa 22:58, 24 January 2010 (UTC)
- You are entirely correct, the Crossbow is better, but not everyone is able to spawn with it, but we cant be too specific. If you play level 6 Support, then you could use the Hunting shotgun, but I wouldnt want to add it all to the article (which we would have to do to be fair to everyone). If you go Demo (even at level 5) then you already have Pipe bombs, so you could say that as well I guess.
- Once again you are correct, but this is better to say to everyone, especially noobs --Alessio 13:39, 25 January 2010 (UTC)
- Ok, I hope this is a fair compromise. I also attempted to make it more concise, and removed some detail that depended on too many variables, specifically, "If you lure a group of Fleshpounds into a small area you can throw a few grenades at their feet and the blast can take out five or six of them if you get it right (you need to be using about 3 stracked Grenades for this)." —Weldindisdowa 22:44, 25 January 2010 (UTC)
Dunno how the table works myself in wikipedia so I haven't added it jyself, however the LAW needs adding in to the table as there are some bonus' to it that differ from regular explosives I believe. Once this is completed the description is properly up to date and should be good to go. — undeddjester 01:42, 10 January 2011 (GMT)