Shotgun penetration bonus
http://www.xfire.com/screenshots/snakexdude11/?ss_file=a6eab8e6892a5042d9c8005bf6000c2c9a775d60.jpg Note the Shotgun Penetration in the screenshot. 16:11, 7 September 2009 (UTC)Snakexdude11 16:11, 7 September 2009 (UTC)
- Maybe its some sort of glitch? I doubt that Tripwire will put such an odd number while the rest end with either a "0%" or "5%". --Takua 09:22, 8 September 2009 (UTC)
- Well, the July 2nd update lists that a decrease in shotgun penetration was implemented to balance out the class. 07:13, 13 September 2009 (UTC)Snakexdude11 07:13, 13 September 2009 (UTC)
- Have given a more detailed description of the use of the perk, and highlighted some of the advantages and weaknesses it has. That being said I'm no shotgun expert, if anyone wants to give their own view on it they are more than welcome to alter my changes :) --undeddjester 10:22, 12 October 2009 (UTC)
Lv 5 & lv 6 penetration
Why is lv 5 100% extra penetration but lv 6 is 90% extra? Is the lv 5 stats before the perk balance update or after? :O --Takua 07:17, 23 October 2009 (UTC)
The article states that support specialists gain extra damage with the L.A.W in addition to grenades; is that accurate? I don't see anything about L.A.W damage in the perk effects, here or in-game. Starsky 08:44, 12 April 2010 (UTC)
- I am pretty sure you don't get extra damage from nades, you just get the extra few that you can hold. Also, you don't seem to get any extra LAW damage. But this is hard to test, as a rocket destroys pretty much all the little guys with one shot, and takes 2 to 3 for the bigger guys, regardless of the perk you take. Dinky 01:37, 1 July 2010 (UTC)
Point Blank Accuracy
I could be wrong, but I don't quite feel so much that the shotgun is "100% miss from point blank." I doublebarrel fleshpounds in the chest when they are smashing my face in more often than one would prefer, but they still go down like a rock. Was this fixed, or am I just consistently lucky? (I have poor net service, and ping in the constant 100s when playing, so that may or may not have an effect on such occurences.)
"This fully-automatic shotgun is everyone's friend at the later waves. Capable of dealing a ton of damage in a short amount of time, this beast will turn anything into red smears, given time. This shotgun also has a very tight spread, allowing for almost sniper-accurate shots. Its fully automatic capabilities are, however, countered by it doing the least amount of damage of any shotgun and costing quite a bit per shell."
I disagree. The AA-12 has significantly more spread than the HSG on tight spread mode which is the real "sniper shotgun".
--22.214.171.124 00:36, 23 February 2013 (GMT)
trenchgun ammo bonus?
I'm not able to check this right now, but I'm pretty sure that while the trenchgun does get penetration, it does NOT get the support ammo bonus as listed on the page. if someone could quickly hop on and confirm? EDIT: also while I am here; someone has suggested using the demo's m4..not meaning to shoot anyone down, but that seems to be a somewhat bad plan. it's very expensive, bullet damage is not amazing, along with the lack of semi auto+decent sights, you would probably be better off buying a nade launcher and gun or simply not using it; advising people to use a weapon that is expensive (and potentially weak for some players) could start some bad habits. There are other parts of the page that seem based on opinion and/or appear to be misinformation, the one mentioned is an example. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk • contribs) 17:06, 26 February 2013
- The script files and my empirical tests confirm that the trenchgun gets a penetration bonus, but not ammunition. —Weldindisdowa T/C 05:28, 28 February 2013 (GMT)
- Deleted the tactic of taking m4203/law. There should be no argument for taking m4203 off-perk, it isn't even a very good weapon choice for demos since they can take a M79+MK23 instead. No good reason why it should be taken while off-perk. As for LAW, I feel its a biased opinion. People have a false impression of its power because of the explosion. I believe the only reason why it was suggested was because the support spec can make do with only 1 shotgun in the lower difficulty levels & he has enough spare carry capacity for it. (If it was really that useful, you'll see a lot more sharps doing 9mm+LAW & zerks doing machete+LAW.) -Porkchops 15:13, 1 March 2013 (GMT)