- 1 New Perk Chart
- 2 May you help me ?
- 3 Thanks
- 4 Equipment
- 5 Inkscape
- 6 Formatting
- 7 New icons
- 8 Derp
- 9 " second; there is a status section for a reason"
- 10 Can you help me in some Russian articles?
- 11 Last request about background in main page
- 12 wiki attacked by spammer
- 13 Update list
- 14 Account gone; severe issues of the Wiki
New Perk Chart
I saw that perk chart you made on the Commando page. It's much more compact, but there was an extra row giving misleading "totals" of the required SMG Damage and Stalker kills for max level. That's not how the perks work. Each time you reach a level, the previously earned exp does NOT reset to zero (thankfully.) Instead it merely extends the bar to the next milestone. When someone reaches Lv6 Commando, they'll have done a total 5.5 million SMG damage, not 11 million. Just a heads up, if you're going to revamp the other perk charts. (please?) Mujaki 03:41, 15 July 2010 (UTC)
- The 11 million bit was what it takes to fill up the 'progress to next level bar' which continues to continues to count after reaching level 6. If they ever release a level 7 I'm assuming that is what the requirements will be. Also, if it did reset between levels the total would actually be 11.125 million damage and 7680 stalkers. — Balthazar 11:59, 15 July 2010 (UTC)
- Also, the only SMG on the game is the MP7. — Balthazar 12:15, 15 July 2010 (UTC)
- Well, personally I feel the Commando uses sub-machine guns, as only the Patriarch uses a full machine gun. =) I suppose we can compromise and say the Commando uses "assault rifles." As for the seventh row on the perk chart, my apologies. I don't (yet) have the park at Lv6 so I didn't know it continues to count even beyond. However, until they actually implement a seventh level, should it be on the chart? And if so, how do we label it appropriately? Mujaki 22:59, 15 July 2010 (UTC)
I edited the all of the perks ladder tables to be the same style as the perks ladder you made, took me quite a few edits, but I'm new to the wiki editing system and an unfortunate perfectionist, so I couldn't stop until they where all uniform. I changed the information order in the Commando perks table, and made "Assault Rifles" into the full length "Bullup/AK-47/SCARM17" so it is the same as the in-game perk selection order. Just wanted to say thanks for making the original design of the table ^_^. - R3P1N5 7:46, 14 August 2010 (UTC)
May you help me ?
I sent you a mail yesterday, did you get it ?
If not, just check the discussion on the main page please.
--"May Tchernobog be with you." Infuscomus 21:05, 21 February 2010 (UTC)
Thanks for the heads up on the American spelling of levelling. My spell check is American and it sometimes screws me up like that >.<
--Alessio 19:07, 17 January 2010 (UTC)
- Oh the irony that you say that five minutes after changing endeavour to endeavor. :P — Balthazar 22:06, 17 January 2010 (UTC)
I just reread what I posted on the Scrak talk page, and wanted to appologise if it at all seemed offensive, as that was not my intention. I appreciate what you have added to the wiki, and would rather avoid falling out with you.
Apologies, --Alessio 15:37, 22 January 2010 (UTC)
- I had no problems with it. If its any consolation I actually tried using the LAW on a game before editing it down. I got lynched by a fleshpound on the 10th wave. The Scrakes went down fine though, which considering their stats, on normal they should have been able to survive. — Balthazar 15:51, 22 January 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah, FP's dont die very easily to LAW shots >.< I played online and fought alongside a clan where one guy was dedicated the LAW specialist. He got more kills than all of us O.o Thats what sparked my memory lol. How much weight can your SS carry? If you can bring along a pipe bomb then your laughing =D
--Alessio 15:58, 22 January 2010 (UTC)
- I'm a level 3 Support, so I had enough to carry the LAW and a pair of handcannons. Playing Demo is much more fun though, its got all of the explodey goodness of LAW without all the hassle of actually being the LAW, and nothing beats having an M32 on the second wave. :P — Balthazar 16:05, 22 January 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah, I love playing Demo, pip bombs are so cheap and full of so much explosively goodness =D. I also love playing Firebug on Bloated =D You can hit an entire line of Bloats and they all pop lol XD
--Alessio 16:12, 22 January 2010 (UTC)
- I've kinda gotten bored of Firebug; there is no choice in weapons, although the incendiary grenades you get at level 3 are particularly delicious; you become the only class that can just drop grenades and not cause yourself damage. — Balthazar 16:16, 22 January 2010 (UTC)
- I must admit the choice of weapons is pretty limited ie, one >.< Have you played TF2? I was thinking the Firebug do do with a weapon similar to the Flare gun. Maybe incendiary ammo in an SMG or something. That would be awesome =D
--Alessio 16:20, 22 January 2010 (UTC)
- TF2 is the reason why I call Demolitions Demoman most of the time.
- Something along those lines would probably make me consider actually playing Firebug again, its something I've seen quite a few times on the Tripwire forums; Firebug alternatives. Some of the things that people come up with on the forums are actually quite interesting, while others are just absurd. I saw someone suggest a lighter and an aerosol as a weapon. — Balthazar 16:36, 22 January 2010 (UTC)
Aerosol? O.o Riiiight... I Just thought about the incendiary ammo idea when i was playing L4D2 lol. Apparantly you can get shotguns with incendiary ammo loaded, so why not an SMG? I thought an SMG would be good because no other class would really have any benefit in using it, because its not an assault rifle (Commando) and not a pistol (Sharpshooter). Still, I commonly use a Flamethrower when I'm playing 'zerker so... lol --Alessio 19:36, 22 January 2010 (UTC)
You sir, are a freaking genius =D I like the equipment page idea, but people often buy Handcannons, for example, when they play as other classes. Still, no offense to you, nice work =D --Alessio 21:46, 28 January 2010 (UTC)
- Its the categorisation system the game uses in the trader, well, except for the welder and syringe; I went on assumed values for those. — Balthazar 22:01, 28 January 2010 (UTC)
- You mean the way it places the high priority choices for each perk at the top of the list? --Alessio 22:06, 28 January 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah. — Balthazar 22:09, 28 January 2010 (UTC)
Since you've been making little overhead maps of each level, I'd though maybe I could give you a hand at it. I already installed Inkscape and everything but just one small problem (actually quite big and this may make me sound like some guy with no common sense). I don't know how to make the outlines thick to draw doors and walls etc. and yes, I didn't check the manual. Just some help won't hurt right? :D --Takua 15:46, 1 February 2010 (UTC)
- Well the way I've been doing it is with a big black shape at the bottom, with a smaller grey shape over that. Everything else is just semi-transparent blocks of pure colours sitting over the top of it. Blocks on top of blocks on top of blocks. — Balthazar 00:45, 2 February 2010 (UTC)
- I think I get what you're saying. But more questions come up, if you don't mind.
- 1. How do you make/remove thick outlines for doors, squares etc.? (My guess is that the doors they are tiny squares too, but not too sure about the outline of everything)
- 2. How do you merge squares?
- 3. How do you make everything so perfect? <_<
- You can ignore the last question if you want or all of them if you don't feel like answering :D --Takua 12:58, 5 February 2010 (UTC)
- The majority of it is either squares or shapes created with the bezier curves tool, you can merge them in various ways with the options on the path drop-down menu. I base the entire thing on screenshots of the level from the editor (sometimes even going as far as destroying the level to get the screenshots I want) which then get cropped in Photoshop and pasted in. After that I turn on Inkscapes grid (#) and draw out the map to that. If any parts are noticeably off I zoom in and move them about. They are usually off slightly for representational purposes, for example I often draw narrow walls thicker than they actually are.
- If you need anything else just give us a shout. — Balthazar 19:48, 5 February 2010 (UTC)
Where did you learn so much about Wiki formating? O.o The amount of page redirections and layout formats you've put into place recently is staggering O.o Nice work, but I'm just curious how you know so much lol --Alessio 11:50, 5 February 2010 (UTC)
- Three years of editing Wikipedia can do that to a guy. — Balthazar 19:48, 5 February 2010 (UTC)
When i saw this icons at Main Page, i got scared lol. So unexpected. :D Gordon Frohman
Hello, I'm looking to play some suicidal games with people who aren't overly casual or overly serious. Would you be interested in playing with me? I'm impressed by your "Suicidal fail", even though happy times were not had. I hope we can get some opportunities to take screenshots of suicidal success together. —Weldindisdowa 09:19, 23 April 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah, I'd be up for that. — Balthazar 13:23, 23 April 2010 (UTC)
- I sent a friend invitation on Steam under another alias. Hope to see you in action soon. :) —Weldindisdowa 06:30, 24 April 2010 (UTC)
" second; there is a status section for a reason"
... But the page is titled "List of Whitelisted Mutators". I'm fully aware of being a hypocrite here and all by keeping blacklisted mutators on the page after an edit, but surely those blacklisted shouldn't be in the "main" table for a page about whitelisted mutators? And if you deem they should be there, wouldn't the bottom of the table be more fitting? FrazerJC 23:00, 1 July 2010 (UTC)
- If it wasn't a sortable table I would probably care more for the order of the items in the list, re-arrange them if it makes you happy. Having the de-whitelisted mutators in a separate table looked silly, there isn't that many to begin with, and removing them entirely seems wrong considering they are, or at least were, packaged with the game. If it means the page has to be renamed to accommodate accurately for this I'm open for ideas that aren't really, really long. — Balthazar 23:16, 1 July 2010 (UTC)
Can you help me in some Russian articles?
Hi, I don`t know how to correctly rename the articles. It just create a redirect, with new page, but, the another page doesn`t delete. For example, clot/ru, I was renamed this page from 'Клот' to 'Зомби' , and it was created a redirect. Can you delete this redirect, and correctly rename the russian articles? And also in updates/ru. So:
clot/ru - 'Зомби' (without quotes mark)
Gorefast/ru - 'Берсеркер (мутант)'
Crawler/ru - 'Ползун'
Scrake/ru - 'Мясник'
Fleshpound/ru - 'Отбивальщик'
Support_specialist/ru - form 'Специалист поддержки' to - 'Техник'
Sharpshooter/ru - from 'Стрелок' - to 'Снайпер'
Updates/ru - to 'Обновления'
I don`t know how to rename article without redirecting. Thanks! - eRmac.hdp 25.02.2012
- You need to edit the base redirects to go straight to the correct pages, instead of to the old titles. You can get easier access to them on the Special:DoubleRedirects page. — Balthazar (T|C) 15:20, 25 February 2012 (UTC)
- Tnanks. Now I understand how it works. eRmac.hdp
Last request about background in main page
Thank you very much for helping me in renaming articles. But, there a still have problem in main page on non-english languages (look main_page/ru or main_page/it). In main_page/en background is black, in non-english - white. May you fix it? Black much better. Thanks! I'm sorry to have troubled you. eRmac.hdp
- Thanks to you and to Weldindisdowa! Now its look perfect! Thanks! eRmac.hdp
wiki attacked by spammer
Tonight, between 2-3am UTC on 4 July, a spammer hit the wiki. The majority of malicious edits came from 126.96.36.199. I think I reverted them all.
Elicia3434 also made edits to User:Elicia3434. I think it's spam, but it's a new page and didn't overwrite anything, so I left it be. I don't think there is any way for me to check the IP this user is coming from to see if it matches the above IP. This account also tried to make edits that show up in the AbuseLog (which now that I look at it, shows that 188.8.131.52 has been trying for a while. I guess they just got lucky.)
User Killersk80 was created in the same time period, but does not appear to have made any edits. May not be malicious.
That's all I know. --DarthZeth 04:19, 4 July 2012 (UTC)
Hi. I just tried to make update list better, like in tf2wiki, or dota2wiki. I think, that this update list in better than it was before, because will be more new updates, and old list will be very long(I thinked about that, and decided to rewrite). And, I don`t think that it look liks a spamming. Sry for my bad English.--ERmac.hdp 20:25, 24 July 2012 (UTC)
- I agree that they need to be separated, but they really don't deserve an article each. Separating them by year would be enough. — Balthazar (T|C) 23:39, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- Ok, I will revert all my edits with this articles until we create something new with this update list. But for now let it be as it was before. --ERmac.hdp 13:49, 26 July 2012 (UTC)
Account gone; severe issues of the Wiki
1) My acc, Rautamiekka, and everything relating to it, is gone without a word.
2.1) Whatever the page, it loads forever after loading all content.
2.2) The registration and login page always loads an empty page. IE10 x64 on Win7 x64 tries to load the page for about 1 minute, then shows empty page with the page name in the tab.
2.3) Trying to write this text was automatically harmful when this wiki's links were in