From Killing Floor Wiki
"The Wyre Forest is an uneasy marriage of decaying life, and new beginnings. Remote, and isolated; it's the perfect location for unorthodox science to flourish. Beneath the rot of the forest floor, in Horzine Research Bunker 6, some brilliant minds are cultivating an army of deadly female soldiers that the enemy will never see coming..."
Wyre is a huge forest covered by a light fog while the rest is found in the bunker that is dark and extremely narrow, so if anyone is foolish enough to try and hold out there, it will most probably result in death if they do not cooperate and coordinate with each other. Trader locations can be unusually far from each other and it's not hard to get lost in the bunker which will make that their graves along with the dead specimens. The team spawns beside a massive waterfall that flows down the hill.
 Map layout
The map is very approximately triangular in shape, with a landmark in each of the three corners. In the south-western corner atop the accessible area of the hill, where the players spawn, there can be found the waterfall with a trader behind it. At the bottom of the hill in the eastern corner the main bunker building can be found, surrounded by a rough wall. At the north-western corner the docks building can be found. Both the docks building and the bunker, and the numerous stairwells found around the map, descend into the depths of the underground complex which spans the map.
 Trader locations
- Beside the surgery room.
- Behind the waterfall.
- Inside the main entrance of the bunker.
- Underground near the docks.
 Defensive positions
- Probably the best position in this map is on top of the bunker. Every specimen will spawn outside of it or underneath it so you will have plenty of time killing them before they even reach you, and the AI has a bit of a problem getting up there on first try. The downside of this, however, is that it becomes difficult if your team gets startled by a Fleshpound and focuses their fire on him. Let a Sharpshooter deal with him and he will die with minimal problems to the team. If all the team are defending this position there won't be much of a problem.
- As an alternative to the aforementioned position, a team with a capable Demolitions expert can confidently hold the portion of the courtyard outside the bunker that is overlooked by the raised inner wall. The Demo should stay up on the raised portion of the inner wall and attack swarms of enemies with projectiles from the M79, M32, or L.A.W. The courtyard can then be comfortably held by Commandos, Sharpshooters, and Support Specialists. In the event of a Fleshpound, the Demo can briefly jump down from the wall to place a pipe bomb that his teammates can exploit before returning to his perch atop the wall. Because the Demo is vulnerable in his campsite, it is generally a good idea to have a second teammate atop the wall, who can help him by killing any targets that manage to get up to him. The Medic is an excellent choice for this job, since he only has to deal with weak specimens such as Stalkers and Clots. As a bonus, the elevated position makes it easier for the Medic to provide the entire team with healing from the MP7M or MP5M. Care must be taken, however, for the teammates in the courtyard to call out when a Fleshpound is sighted, so that the Demo can run down to place a pipe bomb before it gets too close.
- Holding next to the underground shop next to the Stalker experiments is surprisingly easy with a good team. Weld the door shut and have someone stationed in the corner shooting the specimens that attack the door through the window, and a Support specialist to keep the door welded. Everyone else hold the corridor as close to the junction as possible so you have some space to fall back. Pipe bombs placed in the water down the stairs nearby will kill a lot of specimens. The entrance to the left of the junction has a door which can be welded. Doing this will make 90% of specimens spawn and walk around removing an entrance from having to be watched. Due to the complex nature of the bunker, ensure that no one is lost before you weld the door shut.
- Another excellent point to hold is located near the corridor listed above. To get there from the Stalker experiments room turn away from the trader and head in that direction until you reach an T-shaped intersection. From here turn left and you are in the correct spot. There are only 3 entrances to this corridor and it is very long, so there will be plenty of time to shoot. The first two entrances are located in the direction of the stalker room, one of the entrances leads to a small red room with a door. This should be welded, and few specimens come this way. If the door goes down simply back up a bit and keep firing. The third entrance is at the end of the corridor and leads outside downhill from the start point. There is a door here, but it shouldn't be welded as a decent number of specimens will come this way. Your squad should back reasonably far down the corridor, at least farther than the door to the red room in case it goes down. There should be between 1 and 3 people defending the back entrance (the one that leads outside) with the remainder facing the front (toward the stalker room). Support specialist is very effective here as the corridors cause enemies to cluster. On the back entrance the people defending should start off at the top of the short stairs leading outside and retreat into the corridor if they get overrun.
- If the team gets separated above ground in the fog, they can easily regroup by heading downhill and meeting at the bunker, or the next trader.
- Like Farm this map has a lot of space, Sharpshooters should use this to their advantage, use a crossbow to pick off large specimens from afar.
Click on an image to view it at full size and its related information.
One of the bunker entrances.