Help:Enabling friendly fire
Friendly fire occurs when a player incurs damage upon being struck by a team-mate. Some players take advantage of this by intentionally shooting their team-mates, which is a type of "griefing" -- the act of disrupting or ruining other players' gameplay.
How to enable Friendly Fire
- Locate the Steam folder. On most Windows machines, it is by default C:\Program Files\Steam or C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam
- Within the Steam folder, access the subfolder steamapps\common\killingfloor\System
- Open the file killingfloor.ini with a text editor.
- Open the find/search window and enter [KFmod.KFGameType] (default hotkey for Notepad: F3)
- Look underneath [KFmod.KFGameType] for the first occurrence of FriendlyFireScale=0.000000
- Change the value of FriendlyFireScale to a decimal number between 0 and 1 inclusive. A value of 1 causes players to take full damage when struck by a team-mate, whereas a value of 0.5 causes them to take half the damage.